Saturday, September 29, 2007

Prashant Tamang appeals for peace, restraint in Siliguri



Prashant Tamang spoke to The Telegraph from Kathmandu, moments before he performed in front of a packed house there this evening. He was felicitated by the people of Nepal for becoming the Indian Idol 3.
Whatever has happened in Siliguri today was uncalled for. I was shocked to hear about it. I want my people to exercise restraint and be more tolerant. I am appealing to them to be sensible since no matter what happens, the result of Indian Idol will not change. I want peace to prevail and amity to be restored.
Even I felt bad when I heard that certain comments were made about my community. This should not have happened. But corrective action is being taken and the matter should rest there.
My people should remember that I have been crowned Indian Idol 3 and they should forget about everything else and enjoy the moment.
Let us celebrate this occasion and not bother about anything else.
I appeal to all not to indulge in any kind of violence, as this will show us in poor light. Thanks to people’s blessings and love, I have been crowned Indian Idol. I want to make them all proud by achieving more fame. We should forget about what has happened as this will only affect my work and I will not be able to concentrate. I have been working very hard to bring out my new album and this will be my gift to all of you.
So please do not spoil the moment and pray for me. Thank you.



(The Telegraph)