Monday, September 03, 2007

Magical Bhaichung Bhutia

We are the champions :
Bhaichung Bhutia is all smiles as he poses with the Nehru Cup.
Oh captain, my captain
India's star footballer Bhaichung Bhutia tells that winning the Nehru Cup Gold is just the beginning and there's still a lot more to achieve.
The best compliment
All compliments are special, but the best one we received recently was that the team has done wonderfully and played as a unit.
The journey so far
It's been great fun, lots of hard work, and lots of ups and downs. We have to keep going.
Youth icon
I think in a game like soccer it is unfair to single out any one player. We play as a team. You have got to have more icons in Indian soccer. And I am not being modest.
The Madhuri factor
It's difficult when you are married. You are out playing for so long. But at this point of time, my family and wife are my priorities. She was with me in Delhi during the Nehru Gold Cup.
Long way to go
We've just begun. There is still a lot to achieve.