Friday, November 20, 2009
GANGTOK, November 20: Nikki Sherpa (26) of Chalisey East Sikkim presently staying at Sichey Gangtok died yesterday due to drug overdose.
She has been reported brought dead at STNM Hospital. Police investigation revealed that the deceased lived with Roshan Chettri (28) of Melli, South Sikkim. Police also recovered 984 capsules of Spasmo Proxyvon from their room, after which Roshan was arrested.
Police have registered a case of unnatural death against the deceased while a case under section 9 of Sikkim Anti Drug Act 2006 was registered against Roshan.
In another case, one Tina Pradhan, wife of Ganesh Cintury, registered a complaint at Melli Police station stating that, Purna Kr Tamang of Kerabari village entered to her house complex with khukuri in his hand and cut the flowers of the complex before hitting on her husband’s stomach with khukuri. This incident had taken place on November 17 at around 7.45 pm.
The victim was admitted at Melli PHC and is under treatment. The Melli police has arrested the accused and registered a case against him under section 447/324/427 of IPC