Pay hike to motivate teachers and attract talent in teaching
As the Pay fixation will take some time, the Cabinet had decided to release second installment of interim relief of Rs. 25,000/- each employee immediately due to ensuing Dasain Festival. Earlier first installment of Interim Relief of Rs. 15,000/- and Rs. 20,000/- was released to Gazetted and Non-Gazetted employees respectively.
1. Minimum entry pay of Group D service is Rs. 7200 compared to Rs. 7000 at the Central Government.
2. New Pay Scale of Rs. 10,000/- have been introduced for Superintendent of Police and Principal Senior Secondary School.
3. Pay Scale of Rs. 7500-12500 in Health, Nursing and Forest Services has been abolished.
4. Treating teachers as a distinct group, a three tier pay structure in the Central pattern has been approved for implementation. The maximumenhancement is in the revised pay of teachers including heads of the schools. This has been given attaching prime importance to this service so that the best available talent in the State is attracted to join this profession. Furthermore, there is a general tendency among the in service teachers to join the administrative posts and this enhanced incentive would curb this tendency. In the revised pay structure of the teachers, elements of the Assured Career Progression are embedded.
5. A uniform Scheme of Assured Career Progression have been approved for the general State Government employees.
6. The Annual Increments will be payable @ 3% of the revised pay in the Pay Band and Grade Pay uniformly on First of July, each year.
7. Dearness Allowance would be payable at par with the Central Government.
8. House Rent Allowance would be paid at the rate of 15% of the revised pay for employees posted in Sikkim, Siliguri and Darjeeling and @ 20% for those posted in New Delhi and Kolkata subject to a minimum of Rs. 1500/- per month.
9. The Difficult Area Allowance and High Altitude Allowance have also been suitably enhanced.
10. Washing Allowance to Nurses has been introduced.
11. Ration Allowance, Uniform Allowance to Police Personnel have been suitably enhanced.
12. Death-cum-Retirement Gratuity (DCRG) have been enhanced from the existing limit of Rs. 3.5 lakhs to Rs. 10.00 lakhs.
13. Medical Relief to the Pensioners have been enhanced from existing Rs. 500.00 to Rs. 1000.00 per month.
14. The existing practice of medical re-imbursement will be continued.
15. Over all pay structure in parity with revised Central Pay structure with some enhancement given in the selected category like 4th grade and the teachers. (With IPR input)