- Sampoora Kranti Diwas was observed in all the constituencies of West District with their respective Area MLAs on June 22.Panchayats, officers from Forests and other departments, youths and local public of the respective areas also participated in the Green Mission, where various kinds of flowering, ornamental and fruit bearing saplings were planted to mark the occasion.At Rimbi, Area MLA, Mrs. Kalawati Subba who is also the Minister for Food & Animal Husbandary Livestock and Fisheries led mass plantation in Sewaro Rock Garden, which was joined by the public of Yuksom Similarly, in Soreng consitutency, Sampoorna Kranti Diwas was also observed which was attended by Minister for Tourism, Mr.R.B.Subba as the Chief Guest.He planted a sapling at the Community Centre premises while the students planted sapling in the School premises.
- The Delimitation Commission has completed its work in respect of 20 States including Sikkim and are likely to be notified shortly.
- Shri N.B.Bhandari slams Municipality Act as ‘ illegal and anti-people’
- Copyright infringement case begins against Opposition leaders, CJM grants bail to accused.
- Panang affected landholders clarify they do not aupport ACT
- There is no rainfall in the past 24 hours and sun is beaming, but still there is danger of falling the rock from the hill in the landslide area of Amdo Golai.
Saturday, June 23, 2007
Sikkim News,News on Sikkim,News of Sikkim, sikkim